Top Ten Reasons to Walk!
1. It is great exercise. Walking is an aerobic, low impact exercise that can be done without special equipment or training. All you need is a place, time and your own two feet.
2. It is excellent for mental health. Walking clears the head, and lifts the spirits.
3. Walking is good for creativity: when I am unable to write or think, a good walk always gives me fresh ideas.
4. When I walk under the sun, I absorb vitamin D.
5. Family time; walking with loved ones allows down time away from distractions. We have the best conversations walking.
6. Enjoyment of nature: I have walked on the beach, in the mountains, along riverbanks, and under every color of sky.
7. Discovery of new places: There is no better way to explore a new place than on foot. Whether on vacation or exploring a new neighborhood, walking allows me to experience, smell and feel the new place.
8. Walking lowers blood pressure and helps with weight loss. This can allow you to take fewer drugs or medicines for the same problems.
9. Time to reflect: Who has time to simply think and imagine in this busy world. While on a walk I have time to be alone with my thoughts, or to use my imagination.
10. Walking is Free! Walking is a great hobby that costs nothing, can be done anywhere, and that needs no special equipment. I really don’t know why people spend so much money on specialized hobbies when walking can bring so much pleasure.